April 26, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. April 26}

fiveforfriday

Hip! Hip! Hooray! It is Friday! {again.. these weeks are flying by!} We found out this week we are getting out of school a day earlier than expected.

So, now I officially have 14 days left!

Boy, I am ready! But, I also have so much to squeeze in and try to do.

 

Here are five random things from this week to kick off the weekend! I would love for you to join up and add your link below!


006007

This biggest portion of my week was dealing with printer issues. I own a commercial printer because of my Doodle Bugs Paper business- and last Saturday… it died! And, it literally almost killed me. I have been sick at my stomach trying to resolve and diagnose the problem. And, the troubleshooting people do not speak clear English. HA!

After hours of working on it last Saturday afternoon and finally making a decision to order a part rather than buy a new printer.. I ordered the part. {$400} .. ouch!

The part came in yesterday.. with lots of directions. I replaced the part and the stars aligned.. it is back working!


 

003015

We had a little Wishy-Washy fun this week. We did a sequence activity and painted a little mud. Such fun!


004

Thankfully, my school believes in recess and we have a short morning recess and a short afternoon recess. But, the weather the last few weeks has been terrible. It has rained soooo much.. and our playground turns into a big mud puddle.  We had to have “inside recess” a few times this week..

I really don’t enjoy inside recess!!!!

024

Today was a beautiful day.. and after recess this is what my floor looked like. Mud EVERYWHERE! But, at least they enjoyed some fresh air and a little time to play!


013

Our phonics skill this week has been S blends.. one of my early finisher activities this week was this snake. I made a list of words on my easel and they had to find the “s blend” words and write them on the snake. I used to do this every week but this is the first time I have done it all year. They really enjoyed it.


025

While my ducklings were at music this afternoon- I met with the Aflac rep .. and I am now a proud owner of this quacking duck {and some more insurance!}

Happy Friday!

27 comments:

  1. A four-hundred dollar part?!? Goodness gracious! So glad to hear that it did the trick. What a treat to have two recesses! :)

    Thanks so much for hosting, Kacey.

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize some schools didn't believe in recess. Our students get a 15 min. morning and afternoon recess and 40 minutes at lunch. I thought that was pretty normal I am not a huge fan of indoor recess either - unless I am on duty : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever watched the Rainy Day Recess videos on United Streaming? My kiddos love them and it gives them a chance to get out some of that energy.

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my $400!! Ouch! I also have Aflac, but haven't used it once. I have a goofy husband, three year old and a one year old that always get hurt...UNTIL I signed up for Aflac. It's like Murphy's law...if I cancel the insurance we'd all get hurt the next day! lol
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  5. $400... Ouch! Glad you are back functioning again.

    Jennifer Smith-Sloane
    4mulaFun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That must have been some part for $400! Thanks for hosting again this week!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting the party! I'm a new blogger and these really help me to feel like a part of the team! :)
    So thanks again!
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  8. $400? Ouch! Glad it's working again! I am really big fan of outdoor recess. Our kids get 15 minutes before lunch. We've had to be in a lot for wet, sloppy snow during the last month!
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
  9. 14 days left of school? Wow! We are out June 7. When do you return? $400 hurts but I'm glad you got it repaired. I hate muddy floors too! Glad the kiddies had fun though!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice that you get TWO recesses!! Recess has become a bad word these days. We get 15 minutes after lunch and that's it!
    Thanks so much for hosting this linky party each week. I love reading all the different blogs on Friday!

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mud paint! We also have a quick morning recess. We call it snack break. Before the tardy bell rings I have them working and by mid-morning they need that run around break.

    I cracked the top 100--barely, lol.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  12. 14 days?? Jealous!! We have 29, and then 4 weeks off, 1 work week, and we begin again. Oh the joys of year round school.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the printer troubleshooting. I can't imagine what that must have been like.

    Thanks again for this link up, since I've started it's one that I really look forward to.

    thanks
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  14. That stinks about your printer part! But I know you will be glad to get a working printer again! I gave someone your business card today after they oohed and aahed over my portfolio from you :) You do such good work! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Mrs. Wishy Washy activity. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our school is K - 12 so we have a super long day. Because of that, we get two 20 minute recesses and two 30 minute special every day. I agree, indoor recess is not fun!

    Linda
    kindergartendoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are required to have 30 minutes of "physical activity" each day now. I'm loving the Adventures to Fitness for indoor recess. After a week of testing though my kids were SO ready to get outside and run today!

    I love the little duck. Too cute!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are getting out a day earlier than planned, too! Teachers will still have to go, though, for safety training. 19 days for me! Thanks for hosting this linky each week--I really look forward to it!

    Lisa
    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was my first time linking up:) I had fun and can't wait for the next one. Ouch on the printer. Love the pig mud painting.

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  20. 14 days left of school...I'm so jealous right now! =)

    ~Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a super fun idea!! I'll have to link up next Friday! Where can I get your Super Snake & Mrs. Wishy Washy sequencing activity?? I love the mud paint!!! :)

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Mrs. Wishy Washy! Those sequencing things are so cute!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have some of the first "Mrs. Wishy Washy" big books in the garage. Oh, lovely mud!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am soooo jealous that you only have 14 days of school. Enjoy them! We still have 43 which seems like FOREVER at this point!

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am new to your site, but I wanted to say that nothing brings school to its knees (or frustrates me to the point of tears or violence) like a non functioning printer!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I dream of a commercial printer...but a part that expensive is like a car payment. Yikes...

    I hear ya on the indoor recess, but a school that respects children's need to move not once but TWICE a day sounds...well, dreamy.

    Our public schools here in Chicago cut recess for a long while, but now with the longer school day, thank goodness it's back. We also only had a 20 min lunch! By the time I walked my class to the lunch room, I seriously had 12 mins to eat!

    I'll be joining in this fun next week...
    <3
    Nicolette
    The Classroom Creative

    ReplyDelete