June 14, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. June 14th}

fiveforfriday

Happy Friday! This week has flown by and reminds me that this time last week I was enjoying my last day on the beach. Oh the life …


010beachhouse012

I enjoyed last week at the beach.

Eating, sleeping, reading..  were the 3 major weekly activities.

011

We did do a little shopping.. I did not buy any of this.

But, it was so tempting.

 021

We also played several games of Mexican Train Dominos.

 IMG_1004

And, we were entertained 3 mornings by the Blue Angels. They are stationed about an hour away from where we stay at the beach and they were practicing. What fun!


A couple of months ago a friend recommended this series of books to me. Then I had someone else ask me before I went on vacation if I had read them. So, I grabbed them up to take to the beach.

028

I have read a few Karen Kingsbury books in the past. Our local {really small} library usually carries all of her books and through out the years I have read a few. I really like her. She is a Christian writer.

This Redemption Series was really good. There are 5 books in this series. I read all five last week at the beach. They were easy, quick books but really good. I enjoyed all of them.

After the Redemption Series comes the First Born Series then the Sunrise Series

Have I lost you?

I just started the first book in the First Born Series. I read five book last week and I have read about five chapters in ONE book this week. Yikes! My reading time at home does not even compare to the time I had on the beach.


teacherpostcards2

I have been working on new teacher postcard designs this week. I got the new designs listed on my DBP website yesterday afternoon. All the designs can be personalized with the wording of your choice.

Website Link:

Doodle Bugs Paper: Personalized Teacher Postcards

These are also great personalized with just a name so you can use them all year.

015


006

Next up on the Doodle Bugs Paper to-do list are new notebook designs. I have “retired” all my old designs and I am in the process of working on new designs. They will be coming soon!


I promise I have also been working on some school stuff.. but not as much as I normally do. I do have a looooong to-do list that I want to do do this summer. Here are two projects in the works.

001

I am working on a large short vowel pack- it will be all black and white {to save on ink}. I am really looking forward to using this myself when school starts.

002

And, I am *almost* finished with a fun Months of the Year unit.


Have a great Friday & weekend!





29 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time at the beach! We saw the Blue Angels last year. They were amazing and so fun to watch! I don't know how you had the will power to not buy anything shopping. Good for you! :) Was that at an IKEA?
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creations! I am also going to have to check out how to play the domino game--love games! Looks like you had a wonderful stay at the beach... :0)

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be leaving for the beach two weeks from tomorrow! I can't wait. We also play a lot of Mexican Train while we're there. And I can't believe you didn't buy any of those awesome containers?! More willpower than I would have!

    Lisa
    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Mexican Train!!!! It's a family favorite of ours. :) I was so excited to see that you are reading and enjoying the Karen Kingsbury series! I've been needing some summer reads and a friend suggested those to me--glad to know that you'd recommend them, too!! Thanks for hosting the link-up every week. It's a favorite link-up of mine! :) Can't wait to peruse your store and check out the cutie little postcards! I looooooove them!!!

    Happy Friday, Kacey! :)

    Erin
    Little Miss Primary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great week!! I will have to take a look at those books! I love to read and have been looking for a new one for awhile now. What store was that? It looks amazing! I can't wait to see your new products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could you not buy all the pretty containers? Love this linky party, thanks for hosting it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beach and book pics make me feel relaxed!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am jealous of your beach time! And I am in LOVE with your postcards! SOOOO cute! I also love the notebook design! Looks like I am going to need the warm the credit card up again!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. We play Mexican Train all the time! That and Rummikub!
    The beach pictures are fabulous...ahhh! I missed the last 2 Five for Fridays cuz of a cruise and end of school. Glad to link up again! Thanks!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vacation on the beach: How wonderful! We used to live in Pensacola and always enjoyed the free 'shows' when the Blue Angels were practicing.

    Mexican Train: Love it and have been known to play nonstop for HOURS.

    Those baskets and containers at that store: I wouldn't have been able to walk out empty handed! What store IS that?!

    Your teacher postcards: Adorable! I'm thnking I might need to get some for my daughter as she just got hired for her first full time teaching job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your creations...especially drawn to the apples!! I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Karen Kingbury's books. I've finished all of the Baxter Book series and miss the family along with the Flanigan's too. (don't think they've been introduced yet in the books you're on) Karen is definitely my favorite author. Thanks for this great linky!
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    www.theapplebasketteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a good time on your trip & Oh my...all of those containers. What store were you in with all of those fantastic containers.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the book recommendation! I am always looking for good summer reads. Going to look them up on my Nook now!

    Jennifer
    The Blessed Teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your postcards and get them every year! You are so talented!!!

    xoxo
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh!...I just finished my post cards! They are awesome...too cute! I will be getting those for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you were pretty close to where I am originally from in Florida! We got to go back and visit a couple weeks ago and I can definitely say nothing beats the beaches there! P.s. I am now really wanting to play a game of Mexican Train!

    Best,
    Bryce
    Second Grade Stampede

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is soooo nice seeing your beach house picture. It is something for me to look forward to. 8 DAYS LEFT! I am so exhausted - but that's another post. :) It's crazy that we get excited about rows of coloured bins. I have started buying for my new classroom (in my new school) as of yesterday. I still have to pack up my old one!

    The Perks of Teaching Primary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa, whoa, whoa....what container store is that?!?!?! I am a first-year teacher and MUST know. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your beach pictures! My family plays train dominoes, too. It can get intense. I'm looking forward to your products. Happy Summer Break!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Karen Kingsbury books. I read all of the Firstborn series one summer. I need to catch up on the new ones though!! :)

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just like everyone else, I would love to know the name of the store that has all of those wonderful containers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do tell. Where are those luscious containers from? I need to redo a craft closet...

    Hope you are soaking up every moment of the beach.

    Nicolette
    The Classroom Creative

    ReplyDelete
  23. So much to love! My grandmother was all about Mexican Trains and Chicken Foot. Those are the memories.

    I'm moving classrooms and drooling over all those containers. Such a selection!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  24. This was my first linky with you! I've been following for a while, previously through my old blog and now my new one, and always wanted to do Five for Friday since I first saw it. So glad I could finally join in. Love your blog! :)
    Oh- and glad you had fun at the beach! I just left :( and had an amazing time. Wish I could stay another week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. First of all, I'm dying to know which store you were in when you snapped the pic of all those tempting containers! I MUST GO!! Secondly, I love your postcards, and I cannot wait to see your short vowel packet. It looks like it will be helpful practice to improve Dibbels scores.

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  26. I recently discovered Karen Kingsbury. Oh my goodness! She is awesome. The first book I read of her was One Tuesday morning. Love it! I'm getting ready to read the Forever Faithful series. If only I could find the time. :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete